Is your Nighthawk extender not working properly? Have you forgotten the password of your WiFi device? Does your extender keep rebooting? The only solution for these problems is to restore your Nighthawk extender to factory default settings. In this article, we will discuss the various methods by which you can reset your WiFi device. Continue reading.
Before You Reset Your Netgear Router
Do you know that performing factory default reset erases all the customized settings and data from your WiFi extender? These customized settings include the default login credentials, WiFi network name (SSID), and password (Network Key). So, if you want to keep any data for later use, you have to back up the data of your Netgear extender. Here are the steps to backup the data of your WiFi device:
- Turn on your Netgear WiFi range extender and ensure that it is getting an adequate power supply.
- Now, connect your extender to the router either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, log into your Netgear extender by accessing its default IP address or web address.
- As soon as you get redirected to the Netgear Genie setup wizard, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Click the Other option on the Settings menu that will take you on the Other Settings page.
- Now, click the Backup button on the Other Settings page. Thereafter, save the current settings of your Nighthawk extender in your computer at the desired location.
Once done, your device is now ready for factory reset. Walk through the following methods to restore your Netgear WiFi range extender to factory default settings:
Netgear Nighthawk Extender Factory Reset Procedure
There are two methods to perform factory reset of your WiFi device. It can be done either using the Manual method or by pressing the Reset button on your extender. Resetting your WiFi device by pressing the Reset button is generally called as the hard reset method. On the other hand, the Manual method is often called the soft reset method. Let’s get acquainted with both methods:
How to Soft Reset Your Netgear Extender?
Follow the steps given below to soft reset your Nighthawk extender:
- Switch on your Netgear Nighthawk extender and make the required connections.
- Now, turn on your PC or laptop and launch a web browser of your preference.
- Navigate to the address bar of your web browser and click on it. Once the cursor starts blinking , type mywifiext.net in it.
- Press the Enter key. You will be prompted to log into your extender. So, enter the default username and password of your WiFi device and click the Log In button.
Note: If you have changed the default login credentials of your Nighthawk extender in the past, then consider using them to log into your WiFi device.
- On the Basic Home screen, move to the Settings menu and click the Other Settings option.
- Now, click on Reset and then the Yes button to proceed.
- Your Netgear WiFi range extender will be restored to its factory default settings.
Note: You can also reset your WiFi device using the Netgear Nighthawk app.
How to Hard Reset Netgear Nighthawk Extender?
You can opt for the hard reset method when you want to make things happen in an instant. Follow the steps given below to hard reset your Netgear extender:
- Make sure that your Nighthawk extender is getting a fluctuation-free power supply and the power LED on it is glowing green.
- Now, look for the Reset button on your WiFi device.
- Once found, grab a paper clip or an oil pin and press the Reset button with its help.
- As soon as you release the Reset button, your Nighthawk extender will get restored to the default mode.
This is how you can restore the Netgear Nighthawk extender to factory default settings. We hope that you’ll be able to reset your WiFi device successfully and resolve whatever issue you were facing it.