A perfect roof brings a new distinct level look to the house from the outside. Therefore, it is the central theme that is looked into when a person is designing the home.
There are multiple purposes for roof sagging. First, it is essential to keep an eye on the roof. Minor damage does not mean that it needs repair immediately, but it means to take any action before the roof has deteriorated completely. One should do the roof repairs partially or wholly, depending on the damage to the roof.
Possible reasons for roof sagging
- Water: Water due to damage can ruin the roof. The roof gets exposed to wind and snow, which can cause significant damage to the roof if it is not taken care of. The water runs off the roof continuously throughout the year. The homeowner must know how the roof severely gets damaged due to rain and snow. One must pay attention to the damage and consider repairing the roof. The damage to the roof may happen due to bad gutters, shingles that are damaged. The damage caused by water can leak in, and the entire structure of the roof gets weak. One must take proper care of the roof. The trapped moisture can in no time damage the roof and lead to collapsing of the roof.
- Weight: Overweight on the roof can also damage the roof to a great extent. During snowfalls, the snow gets settled, creating excess weight on the roof. A roof should be designed in such a way that it should withstand a certain amount of weight. Weak roofs can lead to roof collapse and damage the structure of the house. If one can predict the weather and feel unsafe about the weight, they should take the necessary steps to remove the load on the roof. A person must be cautious about snow rakes because they might break the shingles that are frozen.
- Material and Installation: Another cause of roof damage can be lousy material and poor installation. If the material used for the roof is just average and the roof installer is not professional, then there are more chances of the roof getting damaged than the expected time. If one does not install the rafters and the roof joints, then the roof can not bear its weight, and there will be an immediate need to repair the roof before any occurrence of danger.
- Life span: The damage to the roof can also be due to the age of the roof. Even if a professional roofer installs the roof and the material used is perfect, and the person still feels that the roof is sagging, it is probably because of its age. The maximum life span of the roof is 70 years and not any longer. Standard roofs with traditional materials can last up to 15 to 20 years. In this case, one can consider roof replacement rather than roof repairs because it is worth the investment and lasts longer. Ageing shingles are another factor for experiencing roof damage.
- Walking: At times, the house owners themselves damage the roof by walking on it. The hot weather sometimes affects the top. Adding to that, if a person walks with spikes on the roof, it gets punctured. There are chances of shingles tearing because of the shoes. So it is better to prefer soft shoes and avoid stepping on the roof on a hot sunny day. But one should consult an expert about repairing the roof if they can not avoid walking on the roof or if the roof is already damaged.
So, roof repair is time-saving. It also reduces the cost because it is comparatively cheaper than roof replacement and is a better option if one is on a low budget.